Full-Day Trip to Nafplio and Epidaurus with Swimming from Athens
A travel to the first capital of Greece and to the most beautiful ancient theater of the world
- See the canal of Corinth
- Visit the Palamidi castle and admire the astonishing view
- Visit the Acropolis of Nafplio
- Swim in the Aegean sea on Arvanitia beach, one of the most famous of Greece
- Taste the local cuisine
- See the famous theatre of Epidaurus
- Wonder in the archaeological site of the Asklepeion of Epidaurus
STARTING POINT AND DEPARTURE TIME
- Smart-Eco-Meeting Point at Halandri metro station at 08:00a.m.
Pick up and drop off is at Halandri Metro Station, very close to the city center in order to avoid the city traffic jam.
You will receive directions by e-mail with the location of Halandri metro station.
With the “Smart-Eco-Meeting Point” service we depart directly from Athens and save time (up to 2 hours), which is disposed for the main attractions and sights during the day.
Be a Smart-Traveler and join our green environment policy to reduce the city’s pollution and traffic jam.
Act like a local by using the modern metro of Athens just 1min from the highway.
AVERAGE EXCURSION DURATION
- 10 hours
Meet your archaeologist/historian trip attendant at Halandri metro station and discover the southeastern part of Greece’s mainland. During the trip, you will be able to see and learn things about Greece’s history from the ancient times to today.
We make a stop to the canal of Corinth, one of the few man-made canals of the world, constructed in 1894 where you can take photos and see the impressive view.
We, then, continue our trip to ancient Epidaurus, the site of Asklepius, god of healing. The site offers the visitor an unexplainable calmness, and it is said that this is the reason it was used as a healing center in the ancient years. In addition, the theatre of Epidaurus is also located in the site, and it is considered the most important of Greece. Make sure you check the acoustics!
We, next arrive at Nafplio, a beautiful town and the first capital of Greece. Explore the Venetian castle of Palamidi and admire the astonishing view. Visit the acropolis of Nafplio and discover the town of Nafplio with your archaeologist/historian trip attendant.
Of course, during the summer Greece is very hot and luckily the area of Argolis where Nafplio is located, has one of the most famous beaches of Greece, Arvanitia. Swim in the Aegean Sea and taste the local cuisine and seafood.
If you’re looking to explore more of what our destination has to offer beyond the beach, we’ve got you covered. Experience the local culture and indulge in a wine tasting tour, sampling the unique flavors of the region. Or, take a relaxing boat cruise around Burgi fort for a scenic and peaceful journey. For a more active adventure, explore the charming medieval alleys of Nafplio and hike up to the Acropolis for spectacular views. And, of course, make sure to take a break and refuel with a delicious lunch, coffee, or drink at one of the many cozy cafes or restaurants. With a variety of activities available, there’s something for everyone in our town.
Return to Halandri after a full day of history, charming view sites, swimming and hundreds of photos!
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Round-trip transportation to Nafplio and Epidaurus
- Transportation in a new luxury air-conditioned bus
- Trip attendant archaeologist-historian (English/Greek)
- Walking Tour in the town of Nafplio
- Swimming on the beach of Arvanitia
- Free Wifi on the bus
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- Entrance Fee 12 euros to the archaeological site of Epidaurus and 8 euros to the archaeological site of Palamidi
- Personal expenses
- Meeting Point: At 7.50 AM, on the Halandri metro station (blue line, number 3, direction to Airport). Use the exit to Vrilissia and meet our tour leader outside the metro.
- Our trip attendant-archaeologist shall have a sign of Ammon Express so that he/she will be recognisable easily once you validate your ticket before the exit of the metro station
- You should be at the departure point 10΄ before the time indicated in the schedule
- Please be consistent with the exact appointment times specified by the Ammon Express escort, so that the excursion will remain unforgettable to all participants
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk around Nafplio and the archaeological site of Epidaurus
- In summer season bear in mind to have sunglasses and a hat
- Free of charge entrance to ancient Epidaurus and the Castle of Palamidi is valid for youths up to 18 years old and University and Technological Educational Institutes students or students of equivalent schools of EU Members
- Reduced fee (-50%) admission is valid for European Union citizens aged over 65 and for students of Higher Education Institutes outside the European Union
- In winter season, 01/11 – 31/03, the general entrance fee to the Castle of Palamidi is 4€ and the archaeological site of Epidaurus is 6€
- Have a nice trip and a lot of fun!
- Share pictures and comments from your experience!