Guided Day Trip to Aegina Island from Athens
We discover the beautiful island of Aegina on a day cruise with our archaeologist!
We discover the wonderful island of the Argosaronic: Aegina in a full day trip. Delve into the island lifestyle accompanied always by a local. Collect all the experiences of the local beauties, colors, tastes and sounds. Admire the deep blue of the Aegean and grab the chance to step on virgin beaches that many Greeks haven’t been there yet! Heal your body and your soul, relax like an islander and join us to show you around! Take a swimsuit and your good mood. Don’t miss it!
- Live like a local with a local
- Visit the prehistoric site of Kolona
- See ruins & hike Byzantine town of Paleοchora
- Swim, admire views, and try local cuisine
- Wander alleys & learn history of Aegina
- Taste delicious local pistachios.
STARTING POINT AND DEPARTURE TIME
- Smart-Eco-Pickup at Port 8 on Piraeus Port at 08:20a.m
At 8:20 AM, on the Piraeus port Gate E8, under the sign E8, at the entrance which is 10 minute’s walk from Piraeus metro station or/and Dimotiko Theatro metro station. There are two metro lines to get you to Piraeus port, (green and blue) you can choose the closest to where you stay. Please keep in mind that the ferry departs on 9.
AVERAGE EXCURSION DURATION
- 11 hours
Experience the magic of Aegina Island, located in the Argosaronic Gulf just a stone’s throw from Athens. Our expert historian guide will accompany you on the ferry ride from Piraeus port to Aegina, where you’ll be immersed in the Mediterranean lifestyle and learn all about the island’s fascinating history.
Kick off the tour with a visit to the sanctuary of Apollo Delfinios at the Kolona archaeological site. Discover more than ten historical buildings, including the 6th century BC temple of Apollo, and learn the myths surrounding the god. Don’t miss the excavation findings on display at the nearby Kolona archaeological museum, the first museum in Greece.
Next up is a trip to the medieval city of Paleochora and Saint Nektarios Monastery. Marvel at the exceptional wall paintings in the area’s 28 surviving churches and snap breathtaking photos from the top of the mountain. The impressive Agios Nektarios Monastery, one of the largest in the Balkans, is a must-see.
Take a break from sightseeing and soak up the sun on one of the island’s stunning beaches. Spend two hours on the sandy shore, and indulge in fresh seafood from the Aegean Sea at one of the traditional taverns in the area.
The tour ends with a one-hour walking tour of the cosmopolitan alleys of Aegina town. Explore the impressive neoclassical mansions built for the Governor and other public buildings from modern Greece.
Before we leave, don’t miss the chance to taste the famous Aegina pistachios, a local product used in various traditional sweets and other delicious treats. Aegina Island is the perfect destination for anyone seeking to experience the lifestyle and history of a Greek island, just a short trip from Athens.
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Trip attendant archaeologist-historian (English/Greek)
- Walking Tour on the Island
- Transportation to, from, and at the Island
- Pistachio Tasting
- Basic travel insurance
- Entrance Fee (6 euros) to the archaeological site of Athena Aphaia
- Personal expenses & organized activities on the island of Aegina (optional)
- You should be at the departure point 10΄ before the time indicated in the schedule
- In summer season bear in mind to have a bottle of water, sunglasses and a hat
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk and stay hydrated throughout the trip.
- Don’t forget your swimwear, a towel and sunscreen! (in summer season)
- Free of charge entrance to the archaeological site is valid for youths up to 18 years old and University and Technological Educational Institutes students or students of equivalent schools of EU Members
- Reduced entrance fee (-50%) is valid for European Union citizens aged over 65 and for students of Higher Education Institutes outside the European Union
- In winter season 01/11 – 31/03, the general entrance fee is 2€
- Please be consistent with the exact appointment times specified by the Ammon Express escort, so that the excursion will remain unforgettable to all participants
- Have a nice trip and an unforgettable experience!
- Share pictures and comments from your experience!