Delphi – Arachova
A travel to the center of the world
- Explore the center of the ancient Greek world
- Let Pythia introduce you to the Oracle of Delphi
- Meet the Temple of Apollo & the Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia
- Explore Delphi’s Archaeological Museum, discover the famous statue of Iniohos
- Visit the Greek traditional village of Arachova (short stop)
STARTING POINT AND DEPARTURE TIME
Smart-Eco-Meeting Point at Halandri metro station at 08:00a.m.
Pick up and drop off is at Halandri Metro Station, very close to the city center in order to avoid the city traffic jam.
You will receive directions by e-mail with the location of Halandri metro station.
With the “Smart-Eco-Meeting Point” service we depart directly from Athens and save time (up to 2 hours), which is disposed for the main attractions and sights during the day.
Be a Smart-Traveler and join our green environment policy to reduce the city’s pollution and traffic jam. Act like a local by using the modern metro of Athens just 1min from the highway.
AVERAGE EXCURSION DURATION
- 10 hours
We depart to Delphi with the bus of Ammon Express together with our friendly trip attendant-archaeologist from the “Smart-Eco-Meeting Poing” at Halandri metro station. The distance is 180km and lasts approximately 2 hours and 10΄ minutes. During the way we have a short stop for coffee and rest. We reach Delphi that rises between two gigantic rocks, the Fedriades.
Delphi is considered the “navel of the earth” and the center of the wisdom of the ancient Greek civilization. It was the holiest site of ancient Greece hosting the Oracle of Delphi, with the priory of the Olympian God Apollo, Pythia, who transferred the prediction of the god to the humans.
We explore the Oracle of Delphi and drink water from the sacred Castalia Spring. If we are lucky, who knows maybe Pythia’s ancient spirit reveals us the future! We dispose 2 hours to admire the archaeological site with the unique findings such as the Dome of Athens Foresight, the Temple of Apollo, the Treasure of the Athenians and the ruins of the Ancient Stadium and the Theater of Delphi.
Later on, we visit the modern archaeological museum of Delphi where we dispose 45΄ to walk around the various areas. In the museum there are artifacts from the Archaic until the Roman era. More distinguishable showpieces are the statue of Iniohos, the Sphinx of the Naxians and the Statue of Antinoos.
Delphi is not only history as it is also known for the gastronomy. We have 1 hour to admire the picturesque village of Delphi and enjoy a tasteful break with homemade greek foodies in one of the taverns of the village.
We depart to Athens at around 15:00 making a short stop for 20΄ in the beautiful village of Arachova to capture the enchanting landscape. Arachova is located right on the foothills of Mount Parnassus and is a very famous winter resort for the habitants of central Greece.
We are back at about 17:30 at the Smart-Eco-Meeting Poing of Ammon Express, the Halandri metro Station.
Join us and feel like being with a friend who is excited to show you around like a Greek!
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Round-trip transportation to Delphi and Arachova
- Transportation in a new luxury air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking escort archaeologist
- Free Wifi on the bus
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum of Delphi (12€)
- Guided tour inside the sites
- Cost of lunch at the restaurant
- Personal expenses
- Our trip attendant-archaeologist shall have a sign of Ammon Express so that he/she will be recognisable easily once you validate your ticket before the exit of the metro station
- You should be at the departure point 10΄ before the time indicated in the schedule
- To make your visit to the attraction more convenient, we recommend purchasing entrance tickets in advance. You can easily do this online at the following link: https://etickets.tap.gr/webengines/tap_b2c/english/tap.exe?PM=P1
- Please be consistent with the exact appointment times specified by the Ammon Express escort, so that the excursion will remain unforgettable to all participants
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk around the archaeological site and village of Delphi
- In summer season bear in mind to have sunglasses and a hat
- Free of charge entrance to the archaeological site and museum is valid for youths up to 18 years old and University and Technological Educational Institutes students or students of equivalent schools of EU Members
- Reduced fee (-50%) admission is valid for European Union citizens aged over 65 and for students of Higher Education Institutes outside the European Union
- In winter season, 01/11 – 31/03, the general entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum is 6€
- Have a nice trip and a lot of fun!
- Share pictures and comments from your experience!