Experience the Argosaronic islands and discover their magic!
- Live like a local with a local
- Walking tour in Aegina, the island of the artists
- Explore the romantic island of Agkistri and swim in crystal-clear waters
- Taste the famous Pistachio Nuts at Aegina and the traditional Greek cuisine at Agkistri
- Enjoy a horse-ride at Aegina (optional)
- Plenty of time for photo-shooting both of the islands
- Learn about the Greek history & lifestyle from our friendly archaeologist
STARTING POINT AND DEPARTURE TIME
- Smart-Eco-Pickup at Piraeus metro station at 08:10a.m
Pick up and drop off is at Piraeus Metro Station, very close to the port (5min. walking distance) at 08:10a.m in order to avoid the city traffic jam. You will receive directions by e-mail with the location of Piraeus metro station. With the “Smart-Eco-Pickup” service we depart directly from Athens and save time (up to 1 hour) to enjoy your breakfast at the hotel. Be a Smart-Traveler and join our green environment policy to reduce the city’s pollution and traffic jams. Act like a local by using the modern metro of Athens.
AVERAGE EXCURSION DURATION
- 11 hours
We depart together with our friendly trip attendant-archaeologist at 08:10a.m from the “Smart-Eco-Pickup” at Piraeus metro station, admiring the Port of Piraeus; the chief sea-port of Athens since the antiquity, the largest port in Greece and one of the largest ports worldwide. In winter season our archaeologist will tell us all the secret stories about it in a short walking-tour.
Enjoy a ferry trip in Greece! While on board of the line ferry, don’t miss all the interesting information from your new friend, characteristic of the Greek hospitality, feel the sea breeze with a nice cup of coffee and take amazing pictures of the seagulls flying next to us!
After 1h and 15min we reach the traditional island of Aegina, the island of the artists. According to mythology, the name comes from the beautiful nymph that Zeus fell in love with and brought to this triangular island. We have about 3 hours to walk together through the picturesque alleys, the charming local shops and restaurants as well as the traditional fish market. Capture unique pictures of the colorful wooden fishing boats and admire the ancient site of Kolona; the acropolis of the island. With a history since 3.000B.C, the site is in fact the Temple of Apollo, defining an entire landmark for the area.
Aegina is well known for the traditional pistachio nuts. We have the chance to taste these delicious products directly from the local producer! They are used in various sweets like baklava, kataifi, sweet cakes, ice cream, butter, chocolates, liqueur, etc. Τhis delicacy has worldwide recognition.
Painters, sculptors, musicians, writers and many famous artists of the Modern Greek history have been part of the island life since the past. The house of the famous Greek author Kazatzakis, is one of the most visited of the island.
Would you like to have a bigger experience and taste? An interactive cooking class is there for you. We visit with us a unique artcafé winebar, where the owner decided to leave the Italian city of Napoli and become an islander at Aegina! (in winter season).
In summer season: In just 10min from Aegina by taxi boat (upon availability) or flying dolphin we reach the romantic and totally relaxing island of the Saronic Gulf: Agkistri. Full of pine trees and surrounded by the crystal-clear water, Agkistri is a verdant paradise. We have about 4 hours to explore Agkistri and be one with the snail’s pace of the island once we reach the capital Megalochori (or Myloi). The beach is sandy, ideal for a total relaxation moment recommended also for families. Our archaeologist will share with you all the stories of the island, happenings of previous years and how about learning some Greek with him/her?
Taste fresh homemade delicacies in a cosy tavern against the view of the harbor, from a “balcony” above the sea. The hospitality in its highest level becomes one with the traditional «mezedes» (Greek word for appetizers e.g. tzatziki, xoriatiki, seafood), the warm welcome of the friendly islanders, the calmness and the natural beauty.
After being enchanted by the island life and the majestic landscapes, we complete this unique experience with a relaxing return.
We are back in Athens at around 19:00 at the Smart-Eco-Pickup of AMMON EXPRESS, at Piraeus metro station.
Join us and feel like being with a friend who is excited to show you around like a Greek! «Heal» your body and your soul, relax like an islander! Take a swimsuit and your good mood. Don’t miss it!
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Trip attendant-archaeologist (English/Greek)
- Walking tour in both of the islands with our escort-archaeologist
- Cooking class (in winter season)
- Basic travel insurance
- Personal expenses & organized activities on each island (optional)
- Entrance fee 4€ to the archaeological site and museum of Kolona (every Tuesday: closed)
- In winter season the ferry ticket to Aegina includes the cooking class
- Our trip attendant-archaeologist will be waiting with a marking of Ammon Express IN the metro station once you validate your ticket BEFORE the exit
- You should be at the departure point 10΄ before the time indicated in the schedule
- In summer season bear in mind to have a bottle of water, sunglasses and a hat
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk around the islands
- Don’t forget your swimwear, a towel and sunscreen! (in summer season)
- Free of charge entrance to the archaeological site is valid for youths up to 18 years old and University and Technological Educational Institutes students or students of equivalent schools of EU Members
- Reduced entrance fee (-50%) is valid for European Union citizens aged over 65 and for students of Higher Education Institutes outside the European Union
- In winter season 01/11 – 31/03, the general entrance fee is 2€
- Please be consistent with the exact appointment times specified by the Ammon Express escort, so that the excursion will remain unforgettable to all participants
- Have a nice trip and an unforgettable experience!
- Share pictures and comments from your experience!